Uber has launched its on-demand food delivery app UberEATS in India yesterday [02-May-2017] in a grand event in Mumbai. As per Uber, Mumbai is the first city have this service in India. Bhavik Rathod has been appointed to lead UberEATS in India and spearhead UberEATS expansion across the country.
UberEATS has been launched in Mumbai in partnership with more than 200 restaurant partners, including local players like The Bohri Kitchen, Nom Nom, The Bombay Canteen, The Good Wife, Fresh Menu, Le 15, Coffee Di Bella and global names like Krispy Kreme, Chillies, etc. consumers will be able to order 7 days a week, round the clock, as long as the restaurants are operational, through the app. The UberEATS app is separate to the Uber app people use to request a ride and has been built specifically to make food delivery as seamless as possible. Starting 02-May-2017, consumers can download the new app for iOS and Android from the iTunes/Google play store or go online at ubereats.com
The food prices are set by restaurant partners according to their own menu and there’s a delivery fee of INR 15, inclusive of taxes. There is no minimum order size.
How To Get started with UberEATS:
1. Download the app – Android or iOS
2. Pick delivery location – Input your address where you’d like your meal delivered
3. Find the perfect meal – Browse the local restaurants or search by cuisine type, and sort according to price, dietary needs, and speed to find exactly what your taste buds are asking for
4. Place your order – Pick the items you want right now or schedule your order to the arrive whenever is most convenient for you
5. Pay through PayTM – The launch partner PayTM will make it easy for you to pay for your meals
6. Track the progress of the delivery – Get updates as your order is prepared and watch in real-time as the meals are delivered to your destination.
Commenting on the launch, Bhavik Rathod, Head of UberEATS India, said
“Mumbai is home to a booming food industry with a vibrant food culture offering both global and local cuisines. The introduction of UberEATS in India, with Mumbai as the first city, is a major step in our global expansion and showcases our commitment to the region. The app brings the perfect pairing of amazing restaurant partners, innovative technology, and the efficient Uber delivery network at a tap of a button to people in India. The wide selection of meal choices delivered at Uber speed will open new economic opportunities for delivery partners, enable restaurants to connect with more consumers and make eating effortless, everywhere and for everyone.”